Sunday, January 3, 2010

The end of an era - Non LEGO

So I finished reading Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final volume (tome?) of the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer tonight. Becky loved these books. I thought they were OK. I lost interest about 300 pages into this last book and finished because I had too much time invested to quit. It reminds me of when I read George RR Martins "Fire and Ice" cycle. Ugh. Sadly if Mr. Martin ever finishes the next book I will probably read it. All 1,000+ pages.

Anyway - Twilight was not so bad and the last book was definitely the best. Up until the end anyway. I was really hoping for a big, fun, Clash of the Titans, Superman vs Doomsday type brawl. And I got... talking. Lots of talking. Then more talking. We've got a whole cast of super-powered Vampires and sort-of werewolves lined up and ready to right. And they talk it out. Really? Only one vamp gets torn up and burned? At least in Fire and Ice there were exciting fights. On every other page.

Now on to seventeenth century Jamaica with Michael Crichton's last (?) book Pirate Latitudes. I hope I can count on Pirates to shoot first and ask questions later.

And now for obligatory father-son pictures from this morning:

J playing in the basked of LEGO, literally. Yes that is the TV remote on the right.
This is what we looked like after the 'Pack blew a 5 point lead with less than a minute to go in overtime against Florida. Next time hopefully our coaches will realize that you shouldn't foul intentionally when you're ahead! Again - UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment